Arduino Instrument Documentation

 

For this project, I was asked to create a controller and a max patch that was able to manipulate visuals on a screen (to music) in front of an audience of 100 people.  I was required to use Max 7, an Arduino board, and Arduino software.

IMG_0301.jpg

For my project, I decided to use a coffee can as my instrument for a number of reasons. The first was that it was extremely portable. With this small compact design, it would be simple to bring my instrument IMG_0306anywhere. In addition to the portability of the can, it also provided very nice insulated housing for all of my wiring as well as my Arduino board. I used arcade buttons because they provided strong feedback and had the perfect amount of resistance to where it made the instrument very easy to play.

IMG_0303

Aesthetically, I relied heavily on the change of silhouette and extreme contrast with the black background. I felt that these things coupled with the heavy buildup with the music would create an exciting experience for the audience.

 

Advertisements

About JamesWrobel

I'm a junior at Alfred State College majoring in Digital Media and Animation. I specialize in digital art and photography rather than drawing and painting. It's a work in progress and I'm working hard to achieve my dreams.
This entry was posted in Interactive and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s